Saturday, 16 June 2012

Delicious Dylusions...!

Greetings all at blog land...
 
I had the joy of spending another day at Art From The Heart this week with the lovely Dyan Reaveley at one of her journal days.
 
I thoroughly enjoyed doing these pages as they are completely different to what i am used to.  I love getting inky and messy, and this day was definitely no exception...yay!!
 
This first page, was my favourite of the two, I think.  I began by creating the background to the page. 
I used Dylusions Spray Inks in various colours.  The colours were Lemon Zest, Pure Sunshine, and Fresh Lime. 
Once the inks had dried on the page, I used Dylusions Stencils to create another layer by 'ghosting'. Because Dy's inks react with water, when you place a stencil on your inked background and spray lightly through the stencil with water, and then lift the stencil off, the water has lifted the colour out to create a 'ghosted' effect. The page needs to be dry before you do the next step.
 
I stamped the page with leaves from the 'Further around the page' stamp plate by Dylusions. I stamped them with black Archival Ink, and coloured them in using Dylusions inks in brush pens.
 
I then got a piece of card and stamped the head and bugs from the Dylusions 'bits of this' stamp plate, the body and frog from Dylusions 'Pondering Petunia' stamp plate, and the head wear from the Dylusions 'Doodle Parts' stamp plate. They were all coloured in with the inks, as before and then cut out.
To create the layer of toadstools on the page, i made a 'mask' of the toadstool stamp (also from the 'doodle parts' stamp plate) on a piece of copier paper and cut around it as close as possible.  I decided where i wanted the 'front' toadstool to be, and stamped it straight onto the page.   I then placed the 'mask' over the first toadstool and stamped again.  This places the second image behind the first one, creating depth and layers. I continued using the 'mask' until i was happy with the amount of toadstools i had.
 
The cut out images were arranged on my page before i glued them down.  The head dress was positioned in layers and glued down piece by piece.  When everything is glued in place, i finished off the page by stamping some spiders and bugs, from the Dylusions 'Bits of this' stamp plate.
I hope you like it.... 


The second page was completed using exactly the same techniques as the first page. 
The background was sprayed using Dylusions Inks in the colours Fresh Lime, Vibrant Turquoise, Lemon Zest, Postbox Red and Squeezed Orange. You can see that this background isn't as vibrant as the first one.  It is because I used more colours than i would usually would, and the have mixed together to make a lovely grungy effect.

Like the first page, i then 'ghosted' a stencil over the background to make another 'layer'.  Once dried, i then stamped the 'Alphabet Border Stamp' from Dylusions around the page.




The head and the 'hair' were stamped, coloured and cut out, as before and glued in position.  The spiders and the bugs just finished it off. 

It was a fabulous day and I've now got more techniques to take home and enjoy.....!!!




I hope you like these pages...Please feel free to leave a comment, i always love seeing who has popped by -
Happy crafting xx

2 comments:

  1. I really like this subject, very imaginative

    ReplyDelete