Thursday 15 August 2013

Little Mermaids...!!

Good Morning to all my fellow journaller's....

Well here I am again folks with another one of my journal pages in my little vintage journal.  I wanted to do another page in this journal because I used spray inks on the last page with the Octopode Lion and the paper didn't absorb the ink properly.  The paper seems to have a coating on it which means that the ink settles on top of the paper and the colour isn't as vibrant.

This time I wanted to use Acrylic paints to see the effect that they give.
I didn't know what I was going to do so I chose a few colours from the Adirondack Acrylic paint Dabbers range. I chose a dark, medium and light blue with white and light grey.


I applied the light grey and light blue to the page, as a background, using wet wipes and my hands. I use wet wipes to apply the paint because the moisture in the wipes, gives the paint a slightly longer 'play' time, which enables you to blend colours together more easily and get the shade you want.  I painted the water/waves with my fingers, until I was happy with how it looked.

 
Whilst the paint was drying, I stamped out my  'Stampotique Mermaids' onto smooth card and coloured them in with Tim Holtz Distress Markers, then cut them out.

Before I stuck them to the page, I added some background details, to make it look more interesting.
At the top of the page I used Dylusions 'Doodle Parts' stamp set, and again, coloured them in with distress markers.
Unfortunately, I can't remember which stamps I used for the bottom of the 'sea bed'.  I think they were an earlier set from Creative Expressions, but I'm not 100% sure.

Once everything was coloured in and I was happy with it, I stuck the mermaids in place and then finally drew around everything with a black fine liner.  This makes the images 'pop' off the page.


I can't think of an appropriate quote to put on the page at the moment, so I'm leaving that until later.

If any one out there can think of a good quote, then let me know and I'll put it on my page.

I really enjoyed making this page, especially the finger painting.  I felt like I was back at school....

Take care, and I'll be back soon.......Happy Crafting xx

 


1 comment:

  1. This is awesome, love the way you can still see some of the journal page features underneath. The colour just flows off the page, really stunning effect. Those mermaids look pretty cool too. xx

    ReplyDelete