Monday 23 September 2013

'Its a small world' Reminder Challenge


It's a SmallerWorld!! Reminder Challenge





I have had so much fun this week, making my design pieces for Quirky CraftsChallenge Blog.  Today it was time to make something for the Friday reminder challenge.  The theme was still the Disney song 'It's a small world', so I switched my brain on and tried to kick start my mojo.

I used a size 10 tag from 'Ranger' because it was a nice size to work with.  I began by choosing some of Tim Holtz distress paints.  I lightly spritzed the tag with water and then applied the paint in areas, and while still wet, spritz more water on top to enable the paint to run and blend together.                    

I love these paints. They work so well when applied with water and they always stay true 
to their colour.  To create more depth, you can dry each layer with a heat tool and then apply more paint on top.  It gives you a further layer and more interest to the piece, and you can keep going until you are happy with what you have made.  

  
The gorgeous images I used were Digi stamps from Paper Pretties.  I used the dancing poodles and a The gorgeous images I used were Digi stamps from Paper Pretties.  I used the dancing poodles and a quote for this challenge. I own a Poodle, so these images were just perfect for me.  Although, thankfully, my poodle isn't pink......
 
I coloured the images in with Copic markers and darkened the edges of the tag using a walnut stain distress ink pad.  I arranged the characters and the quote on the tag, and   when I was happy with where they were, I stuck them all down with a wet gllue.

 All I did to finish it off was to select a few pieces of ribbon of coordinating colours, and tie them to the tag. It really does finish the tag off.



I've loved sharing this with you, so please feel free to say hello, I'd love to hear from you.

See you all soon xx

1 comment:

  1. This is a really cute tag Gemma, I love the background, Cazzy xx

    ReplyDelete