Tuesday 7 January 2014

New Year, New Start....!


First Art Calendar Journal Page of 2014


Happy New Year everyone!  I'm starting this year with a resolution to be more creative, take more classes, learn new techniques, complete projects and keep up to date with my Calendar Journal...!

This will be my THIRD attempt at keeping my Calendar Journal.  I started the first one in 2011 and only lasted a few months. 2012 was even worse, only managing to do 2 months.

I have to admit that  those attempts were totally pathetic..., however this year I'm going to do my best at keeping up with the challenge, and I'm really looking forward to it...

I wanted my January page to look as cold and bleak as the weather we're having at the moment, but I wanted the main image to shine through. I hope I achieved that, either way I enjoyed making it......

This is my first page of 2014:-.


I did the background using a combination of Paper Artsy Fresco Paints and Tim Holtz Distress Paints .   
Once the paint had thoroughly dried, I wanted to add some texture and interest to the page.  I had a small selection of snowflake stamps which I wanted to use with Gilding Flakes and IndigoBlu flitter Glue.  
I stamped several snowflakes in a couple of different sizes and applied the gilding flakes.  I was really pleased with how they turned out. You can just see in the photograph that they have taken on a variegated sheen, in real wintery colours.


I stamped a picket fence (Stampotique) along the bottom edge and a tree in the corner.

I love the figure stamp by Lynne Perella / Paper Artsy. It is a lovely wintery lady, with snowflakes on her gown, standing upon the word 'Believe'.  I think it's very important to believe in yourself, regardless of what you want to do.  I think the quote I added from Dylusions, sums it up really well.  It says "What you believe in becomes true", and I really do believe that. 
It's an ideal thought to begin 2014 and try to live by the rule.  Just believe in yourself and your abilities, and  you'll never be disappointed......

Thanks for looking. It would be great to say hi......

Happy New Year........

2 comments:

  1. Great start to the calendar challenge hun and the quote is one we need to keep in mind!!!! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gemma love your page and the determination to do better this year. If I manage it will be third time lucky but so far haven't even done January better get a move on hope you have a fab 2014 hope to see you soon xx

    ReplyDelete