Monday 7 December 2015

Xmas With Roc Nicholas

Xmas With Friends





Hello my lovelies, I hope you are all happy and crafting away like little crafty beavers and getting into the Christmas spirit.....

What can I say?  I absolutely love Christmas!!  It is such a special time of year for me.  It's the time to spend with my family, friends and loved ones; creating our own special memories.

I was really looking forward to making my piece for Roc Nicholas' DT this month. I had an idea in my head as to what I wanted to do, but it was getting it from my head that was the problem lolol


 I really wanted to make something 3D and substantial for this project, something you can use for home decor when decorating your home for the holidays......

I began with the word Xmas in MDF, painted it red, then painted over with a lighter colour.  When the paint was dry, I coated the entire word in DecoArt Crackle Glaze and left it overnight to dry .
It's so exciting to go back and look at your project to find out how well it has crackled.  Luckily for me this time, it worked really well - it doesn't usually for me!!!!



 I spent a few hours colouring these lovely little characters in by Roc Nicholas for Stampotique.  I used Faber Castell's Polychromos and Caran D'Ache's Pablo pencils, which are my go to pencils every time - I love them....


 I stamped 'Roc's Tree' onto some Acetate because I wanted to emboss it, and I was really pleased with how it turned out. You can see it on the photo above.



I love being able to chop and change images to make them into whole new characters.
Ive done this a couple of times on this project.  

You can see above that I have used the body of 'Reindeer' by Magda Polakow, but have replaced the head with Roc's Angel by Roc Nicholas.

Below i have used the body of 'Global Warming?' by Daniel Torrente and Jill Penney , but replaced the snowman's head with the face of  'Bird Lady' by Roc Nicholas....
I have also given them all either Christmas hats or reindeer antlers from Magda Polakow's 'Reindeer' and 'Agatha Christmas' Stamps, to give them all more of a festive feel..!




 To add some finishing touches, I used some items that I've gathered over the years for making Christmas themed projects for homes.  Here i used some reindeer moss, with some glittered snowflakes, artificial snow flecks and embossed stars.  You can't really see on the photos, but i have added quite a lot of glittery sparkles to all of the gorgeous little characters.  You can't have to many twinkles in my opinion...........


The stamps I used in this piece were:   * Roc's Tree,
                                                               * Ponytail
                                                               * Feline 
                                                               * Bird Lady 
                                                               * Roc's Angel
                                                               * Horse
                                                               * Screaming Bunny
                                                               * Snowman
                                                               * Reindeer
 
If you want to see all of Roc Nicholas' stamps, you can find them here. 

If you would like to visit Stampotique, just press here
I really hope that you have all enjoyed my Christmassy themed project.  I had so much fun making it!

Please leave a comment to say 'hello', I would love to hear from you.

Merry Christmas to all of you, I hope you all have a fabulously festive and memorable time and I will see you in the New Year......xoxoxoxo

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and so fun ! Love it...
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so over-the-top fun, Gemma! I love how you've used other designers stamps and made totally new ones! The one thing I DON'T like is I have to follow you later in the month! ;) You've set a high bar there, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely ingeniously! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so much Gemma. It's perfect for any mantle or centre of table. I love the sense of fun and fabulous mash up of stamps.
    Wishing you a wonderful Christmas Gemma and a fabby 2016!
    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete