Saturday 7 January 2017

New Year's Resolutions...!

Happy New Year.... Woooo Hooooo!! 🎉🌟🥂🎈

Hi everyone, I hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year..?!

Well here's to another year of new resolutions we promise to try and stick to, LoL. 
I'd like to think that mine will last longer than last years did...fingers crossed..!!

With New Year resolutions in mind, I made my first piece for Roc Nicholas Design Team. After drinking copious amounts of tea and covering myself in paint, I was finished! 

'Live with Promise, Love with Passion and Laugh with Pleasure'.

What were your resolutions, I'd love to know??


The camera doesn't really show the colours well. The background is a range of different tones of pink, grey and a little yellow paint, but for some reason, it looks mainly yellow here! Oh well, that's fine haha!

I made a canvas this month, and painted the background as described above. When it was dry, I stencilled pink glitter paste through my chosen new year promise and set aside for it to dry.

In the meantime I stamped and coloured Roc Nicholas' stamps - Polka Dot Dog and Bird Princess. I also used Heart Vine to add detail to the top of the canvas.
I coloured the images in using my amazing new set of Caran d'Ache Pablo pencils, the colour range is stunning. Well worth trying!
I added some background stamping when everything was dry, then positioned where I wanted my Bird Princess and Dog. Once happy with the placement, I glued them in place.
I was quite pleased with it until I saw how it came out on camera -the tones are so different. I'll try and take another photo, and if that one is better, I'll post it here..!

I hope that 2017 grants your wishes and fulfils your dreams...

Happy crafting,

Gemma xox 









1 comment:

  1. Love this Gemma - sorry it's taken me ages to get here.
    Big hugs to you xxx

    ReplyDelete