Tuesday 7 February 2017

Unleash Yourself...!

Unleash Yourself and Fly to your dreams...


Hi everyone! Thanks for coming over to look at my blog this month for Roc Nicholas and Stampotique

It's pretty exciting for me at the moment because not only am I still on Roc's Design Team, which I love, but I'm also Guest Designer for Stampotique during February. Im over the moon...!

For Roc this month, I thought I'd make a large tag as I haven't done one in a while. I do enjoy working with tags as they're so versatile and great fun to use.



I started by applying a really coarse texture paste to the tag through a stencil In opposite corners, just to add some further detail, then let it dry completely.

I lightly sprayed the tag with some water then used 3 or 4 of Tim Holtz Distress Sprays in variations of yellow, lime green, teal and turquoise. I made big puddles with each colour, then rolled off the excess with some kitchen paper, then just kept building up the colour until I was happy with it.
Again, when it was dry, I used a sanding block to sand some of the modeling paste back. I wanted to try to bring some contrast back by showing the whiteness of the paste.

I decided to colour my images this month using Copic markers and to be honest, I haven't used them for years, so am completely out of practice...! I did enjoy using them again though..

I used a few stamps in the background in complimentary colours to add interest and to ground some of the images... Then I glued my stamped images in place and outlined them in black, as well as the edge of the tag...



The stamps I used for this tag are:-

             Roc Nicholas ~ Bird Border
                                       ~ XXXX Border
                                       ~ Camper
                                       ~ Ellie
                                       ~ Unleash Yourself Text
                                       ~ Flying Heart
                                       ~ Heart Vine
                                       ~ Squiggle Arms
            
         Jo Capper-Sandon ~ Daisy Daisy
                                   ~ Floral Flutter

I hope you like this, if you do, I'd love to hear from you xx

Happy Crafting, 

Gemma Xox


                



2 comments:

  1. this is wonderful gemma! i love how you always find a way to incorporate SO many of my stamps into one piece. terrific job!

    ReplyDelete