Saturday 2 June 2012

My very first Art Journaling class

There is nothing like jumping in at the deep end, and I certainly did that......

I have always been into crafts of all sorts, like, cross stitch, card making, and paper crafts.  I love to make things from scratch and watch them develop - it's so exciting and fulfilling, knowing that YOU have made it yourself. 

I was stuck in a bit of a crafty rut and lost the enjoyment of actually wanting to craft. 
This was of course, until I found 'Art From The Heart' (www.afth.co.uk), and Dyan Reaveley!

What can I say? I am a different crafty person, and I love it.  I had never really thought about 'Journaling' before, and I really didn't know too much about it.
I signed up for a few workshops straight away and as they say, the rest is history.  It is 'home from home' for me now and I get so much from it.

This is my very first workshop.  We had to make our own Journal from scratch.

We first had to make the 'pages' before we could make the book.
This was done by using Dylusions spray inks and making backgrounds onto several pieces of A4 card. 



To make the backgrounds, we used Dylusions stencils, stamps and inks and then let them dry thoroughly.  We used all of the colours in the Dylusion spray range except the brown and black.

 
Once they were dry, we folded them in half and  then had to decide which order we wanted the pages to go in.
Then it is important to stick the pages together so that you can go onto decorate the front and back covers.
When all stuck in place, use sticky back canvas to adhere the pages and the covers together, and at this point you will have to put quite a bit of pressure on the pages and squeeze them together, to ensure they do stick.
 
It was such a fabulous workshop, and lots of fun.  I was made to feel very relaxed and had lots of laughs and met some lovely friends.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Gemma - never saw this one - it looks wonderful!! So glad you found AFTH - its creating for the soul!!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful Gemma, it's gorgeous. I'm glad I found your blog today. Will defo be your second follower! I can't wait to see what other marvellous things you make and put on your blog. Thanks for the link down the side :) Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete