The first class was with Kate and we were to make a Stampotique card with Perfect Pearls Mica Powder.
The first thing we had to do was select the Dylusions Ink Spray colours that you wanted and spray the piece of card. I chose Fresh Lime and Cut Grass. When the Ink was dry, I stamped around the card using the leaves from the Dylusions 'Around the Edge' stamp plate. Once the ink was completely dry I selected a large background stamp and inked it up with 'Perfect Medium Embossing Pad' and stamped it onto a piece of card. Then we chose two different coloured Mica Powders and gently dusted them over the Perfect Medium. Then we took a dry brush and brushed off the excess powder and it left a beautiful shimmering effect all over the card. I was really impressed by the effect it had.
Kate let us in on a big tip from Tim Holtz to 'set' the mica in place. The tip was to mist some water in the air and waft the card through the water. The fine water mist, should set the mica in place.
All I had left to do then was choose a stamp and colour it. I chose one of Kate's fabulous Stampotique stamps, coloured and cut it out and stuck it on the background, then mounted it on to some card.
I loved how it turned out.
I had an hour or two to kill until my next class with Sandra, so I decided to treat myself to lots of AFTH's fabulous sale items. I think that with the amount of stuff that i bought today, I could now open my own shop lol ...
Sandra's class was great fun. We made a concertina card with tags and it was really good.
We folded a piece of 12x12 card in half and then into 3inch sections. I chose two different colour distress ink pads and used the lighter of the two, in this case it was broken china, and inked all over the piece of card. Then on one half of the card I ripped two alternate sections in diagonal on opposite sides, cut one in half and left one full length.
I then used the contrasting colour to ink over the torn card, over the creases and around every edge, front and back. I chose some stamps from the Dylusions range and decorated each pocket with them.
Whilst these were drying, I made the tags to fit into the pockets using Dylusions inks and stencils.
All that was left to do was fold the paper in half and tape the two sides together, making sure that I didn't put tape where the pockets were.
I really enjoyed today, it was great fun, and by doing a couple of taster classes, I got to try out new things, as well treating myself to loads of new things - a perfect day all round..!
Happy days xx