Monday 22 July 2013

What an amazing weekend!

 
A Fabulous time with Hels....!
 
 
 
Well, what can I say?...... I've been lucky enough to spend an amazing weekend with the extremely talented and lovely, Hels Sheridan.
 
It was great from the very start.  I arrived at the hotel and left my bags in my room, whilst I went to meet up with a couple of friends next door at the pub! 
 
I was so excited on Saturday morning.  We arrived at the centre and I recognised loads of friends that I hadn't met before, so I got to work with plenty of hugs and lots of gossip.
 
The project we had for Saturday was to decorate 3 burlap panels. I have to admit that I was really daunted because I hadn't done anything like that before, but I needn't have worried, Hels explained everything really clearly.
 We were given a fabulous pack of everything we needed, and a lovely name badge.
We set to work with distress paints, Tim Holtz Ideology items, tissue paper, rubber stamps and lots of other gorgeous items, and began making our panels.
Lots of chatting, plenty of laughing and many painty fingers later, we got our panels finished, and I was over the moon with what I had made.  I loved it, and had the most amazing day with fabulous friends.
 
Sunday was another amazingly creative day. We were told today, by Hels, that we would be making a canvas, and I couldn't wait to get started. Again, we were provided with everything we needed and got to work with our paints and stamps etc..
I really like the end result, I very rarely use these colours, but I think they worked well together...?
 
 
There was such an amazing atmosphere all weekend. such lovely ladies, and an outrageous amount of talent, which put me to shame.  It was a fabulous weekend, and I couldn't fault it at all....Its just left me counting down the days to the next one lol
 
Thanks for popping by, please say hello and I'll see you soon.........
 
Happy crafting xx
 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment