Saturday 2 November 2013

Cracker pot reminder challenge 22

A Spooky Night Out




Hello friends, hope you are all doing well...!


I've had another fun time this week, as it's time for the Quirky Crafts reminder Challenge.  The images for this challenge were from Crackerbox Palace, and they are so much fun to use..

The project I've done this week is a 'Halloween' based tag using the Tim Holtz Grave Stone die, I did a similar tag In a class at Art From The Heart with the very talented Michelle Webb


 I Selected a size 10 mantilla tag, and 5 different colours in the Dylusions range. I needed strong bold colours to get the effect I wanted, so I chose, Midnight Blue, Crushed Grape, Squeezed Orange, Pure Sunshine and Postbox Red.  
I started with the darkest colour at the top and graduated the sprays down through the colours, to the lightest at the bottom.


 
 

With the ink that was left on the table, I cut a length of Tim Holtz Crinkle Ribbon, spritzed it with water then ran it through the remaining ink to colour it, then put it aside to dry.





I used a Tim Holtz Sizzix die of a graveyard/tombstones and stuck the bottom edge of the die cut to the tag, leaving the tops of the tombstones free.  I then edged the stones with a fluorescent yellow pen, to add an eerie light to the scene.




Once I had my background how I wanted it, I coloured in my images with Promarkers , and knew they would look perfect sat on the branches, looking down on the skeleton.

I then printed a sentiment, which made me laugh when I read it (I haven't grown up yet...!), and inked around the edges to frame it, and glued it to the tag.  

We don't get many, or any trick or treaters where we live, so I don't get a chance to make many Halloween decorations.  I absolutely loved bringing these little creatures to life. They have such cheeky faces...

I hope you like my tag.  Thank you for popping over to my blog. 

I love to hear from you, so please feel free to leave a message and say hi...

Happy Haunting xxxx















No comments:

Post a Comment