Sunday 23 February 2014

Quirky Crafts Challenge #4 - Reminder layers and 3D


I chose to make a layered tag for this reminder challenge using an image from ''Robins Fetish' . It is a manilla tag and as a base layer I chose 3 colours of paint and randomly covered the tag.


I used pieces of lace, trimmings, hessian and corrugated card to give more layers and texture paste through a stencil to add depth..


I added a piece of mount board and a smaller tag painted  the same colours, and wrapped some 
hessian 'ribbon' a around each piece. To the mount board I added my image, coloured with 'Montana 
Paint Pens' and to the small tag I glued a metal embellishment...

                  


You can see all of the different layers in these photos, and the final thing I added were a few buttons.
I think each layers adds further interest to the tag. It's a very tactile piece and each time I look at it, I see something slightly different.....happy crafting folks x


No comments:

Post a Comment