Sunday 7 August 2016

'Fly Away'...

Fly Away with 'Flying Bird'

Time soon flies when your having fun and it's my turn to be DT for Roc Nicholas design team this month....


                          

This is my make for this month. On the last Stampotique release of stamps I treated myself to several of Roc's new stamps, and one I couldn't resist was 'Flying Bird'. I fell in love with her straight away and it's such a versatile stamp.

I've been really enjoying playing around with textures and effects recently but, unfortunately these photos really don't show the depth, shimmer, brightness of colour and effect I managed to achieve. Sorry, I tried all sorts of angles...

I thought that I'd try and make my own texture paste as I wanted one that would hold its height but also have a rough surface to it so that it would grab hold of any medium and colour I was going to use over the top of it.
I managed to create a very thick, heavy, gritty paste and applied it to this canvas and left to dry.

                                  

Once it was dry I sprayed it with various different coloured sprays in bright tones then shimmer sprays.

I stamped out Roc's Flying Bird stamp, with an extra set of wings, and painted it with slightly watered down acrylic paint, until I got the depth of colour I wanted. I kept to the same lemon, blue and pink of the canvas.
 I then painted an opalescent pigment ink over the top of the painted duck. It gave such a lovely effect, and to tye the background in with the stamp, I spritzed the opalescent ink over the textured background.. I'm just gutted it doesn't show on here.

I really enjoyed making this, and as ever using Roc's stamps is a total pleasure.

Thanks for stopping by, please leave me a message to say hi. It's great hearing from you..

All Stampotique stamps are available at www.stampotique.com










   




2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that background! The rest of your make is very nice as well, but that background!!!!
    Tim Holtz has just come out with a new product called Grit Paste. AFTH should be getting some soon, as is is arriving at stores in the U.S. You might want to try it for backgrounds. I know I intend to get it as soon as Whim So Doodle gets their shipment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I adore the subtle colours Gemma, a gorgeous canvas.
    Wishing you a lovely weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete