Friday 7 April 2017

Spring has finally Sprung...

....A gorgeous time of Year

Hi everyone, time really flies! I can't believe it's my turn again to show my creation for Roc Nicholas Design Team, using her fabulous stamps by Stampotique. You can find her stamps Here.  I hope you like it..!

I think Spring has to be one of my favourite seasons of the year. I love seeing and smelling  the new flowers in the gardens and the warm, sunny skies.

I'm on a mini break visiting my parents in Wales, UK at the moment. I brought limited supplies with me on purpose to test myself on what I could make without a room of stuff around to tempt me..!

I wanted to suggest that Spring has finally arrived, by using birds and flowers as my main images but to keep it fairly simple.


As you can see by the photo, I have used Acrylic Paints - I used Tim Holtz Distress Paints today, to colour the background, then used plenty of stamps to build up the details and the textures.
I began by stamping the tree onto the background using a Coffee Archival Ink pad, then I stamped out the flowers a Bunny onto a page of text from an old book I use exactly for 
this purpose.
I wanted to try any create a contrast between the strong green colours, the birds and 
flower.
I only highlighted the Bunny with a few splashes of colour so he popped off the page and drew your eyes to him, I love this stamp - it's so easy to use.

I have to admit that I am a bit obsessed at the moment with Roc's Bird Border, I use it whenever and wherever I can. I coloured the birds and big flower in using Acrylic Inks and a water brush. I love to colour like that as you never know how the Inks are going to react - so much fun!
Before I stuck the pieces in place I added quite a lot of background stamping. I stamped within the dark green to make it look more grassy, and also from the top of the card making it look as though there are vines falling.
When all the ink was dry, I stuck each piece on place et voila!

Like I said, it was a quickest piece this time, but it did put me in the mood for spring.

These are the stamps I used:-

Bird Border - Roc Nicholas
Bunny - Roc Nicholas
Heart Vine - Roc Nicholas
Agatha Flower - Roc Nicholas
Tree - Daniel Torrente 
Carol's Flower, Small - Janet Klein

Happy Crafting,

Gems xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment