Tuesday 7 March 2017

Artiste...

Artiste of colour.... 


Hello again everyone, time has really flown by since my last post. I've been busy learning to crochet (badly I must add lol)!

It's my turn this month, to shown my creation for Roc Nicholas Design Team. I thought that I'd mix a few stamps together this month to create a strange new 'person', with lots of colour...
This is it, plus squiggly arms lol!


I began by gessoing an 8x8in piece of Kraft card stock, and leaving to dry.  Once dry I selected a few cool Acrylic paint colours (I used Amsterdam paints)like Lime Green, Turquoise, Yellow, Mid Blue, Teal and then a bright contrast splash of Red and Pink.
I used a palette knife and a large dry brush to apply the colours, starting with the lightest colour first and building up the layers, then adding the warm colours as the last layer through a stencil.
I used the same colours to add some depth by stencilling on to the background and then by adding some background stamping in black as well as similarly coloured Archival Inks. The black ink makes the rest of the colours really pop...


Once I'd finished the background, I stamped out some of Roc's fabulous stamps and coloured the images with Tim Holtz' Distress Markers and a waterbrush. I decided to cut around the Artiste stamp letters individually as they would show up better on the background. Once I had stuck everything in place, I stamped his squiggly arms in place, and finally added a black border around the edge.

I enjoyed making this as I love lots of bright colours. I hope you like it too?

The stamps I used were:-
                                    - Squiggle Arms
                                    - Party Dog
                                    - Artiste Block
                                    - Stand Tall
                                    - Bird Border
                                    - XXXX Border  - All by Roc Nicholas at Stampotique 

Pop over and say hi, I'd love to hear from you xx

Happy Crafting xx

2 comments:

  1. love this, great bright colours and design. love the stamps you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours need those boots too xxxx

    ReplyDelete